Thursday, May 17, 2007

Fallout from last night


All of this is from the Arizona Republic....


Spurs forward Robert Horry said Wednesday that his two-game suspension for his Game 4 foul on Steve Nash might have had more to do with the person getting fouled rather than the foul's severity.

"If it would have been anybody but Steve Nash it probably wouldn't have been two games," Horry told reporters after the Spurs' shooting session. "But Steve Nash is a great player, MVP, focal point for the NBA now so they have to protect their players."

Horry downplayed the action.

"I was going to try and take a charge and then I thought . . . he's too fast," Horry said. "So I'm like, 'I'll just bump him a little bit,' and as you know, the great acting skill Steve has, when you hit the floor and flop, and he's like 'Oh, I'm dying over here.' ...

"It happens. I really wasn't trying to hurt him. I like Steve, he's a good person, but sometimes in the playoffs things are blown out of perspective."

Pop trivia

After years of being typecast as classy and boring, the Spurs' reputation has taken a beating in this physical series.

"It's ridiculous," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "All of sudden we're the old Detroit Pistons. I've been trying for a decade. We've been working every year and . . . the last three days we're there."

Free throw

Asked if he knew "Stu sucks" shirts (targeting NBA executive Stu Jackson, who made the suspension recommendations) were being sold outside US Airways Center, D'Antoni said, "So my shipment finally came in, huh?"

No comments: